The AOCNR is the first diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology conference to be held in the Philippines.
Listen and learn from the field’s world-renowned experts as they discuss the latest innovations and ground-breaking trends in neuroradiology.
Join sample case discussion with top representatives from the world’s prestigious institutions for an interactive learning and sharing session of actual clinical practices.
Strengthen ties and meet with other top neuroradiology experts from Asia, Southeast Asia and Oceania including Australia.
Contribute to the advancement of neuroradiology amidst a beautiful island paradise setting full of productive meetings, breakthrough learning sessions and fun social activities that will make your experience in the 9th AOCNR truly memorable.
Enjoy the tropical Cebu weather, pristine white-sand beaches, azure blue waters and 5-star accommodations that can only be experienced at the 9th AOCNR held at Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort and Spa.
Who should attend?
– Aspiring Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiologists
The Philippine Society of Neuroradiology officially began in 1998, though the practice of diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology had been ongoing for 20 years since the return of its pioneer to Manila, Dr. Benjamin D. Adapon, from New York City, New York.
The main objectives of the PSNR are:
1. To advance the development and improve the quality of diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology in the Philippines;
2. To stimulate collaboration between clinicians and others with an interest in neuroradiology across the region; and,
3. To facilitate exchange of knowledge and scientific research between clinicians and others with an interest in neuroradiology.
The Asian-Oceanian Society of Neuroradiology and Head and Neck Radiology was formed in 1994 to answer the growing need for the foundation of a society in the Asian and Oceanian countries to promote neuroradiology and head and neck radiology. Led by its 1st President Dr. Mutsumasa Takahashi, the AOSNHNR is participated by more than 30 founding representatives from countries and regions in Asia and Oceania.
The purposes of the Asian & Oceanian Society of Neuroradiology and Head & Neck Radiology are:
• To promote neuroradiology and head & neck radiology by appropriate means.
• To coordinate work and documents in neuroradiology and head & neck radiology and to assure the diffusion thereof throughout the countries of Asia & Oceania.
• To coordinate relationship between general radiology and the clinical specialties concerning the nervous system and the head & neck.
• To contribute to the development of unified methods of teaching neuroradiology and head & neck radiology and unified standards for training and certification in neuroradiology and head & neck radiology.
• To promote and coordinate relationships among the existing Asian & Oceanian national and regional neuroradiological and head & neck radiology societies and Word Federation of Neuroradiological Societies(WFNRS) and to promote the foundation of national and regional neuroradiological and head & neck radiology societies or national sections of the AOSNHNR in the countries in which there are no existing societies.
ABOUT THE LOGO
As the Philippines’ national fruit, mangoes are one of the country’s main export products. Cebu, one of the country’s provinces, is renowned all over the world for its sweet and juicy ripe and dried mangoes. In fact, many people have claimed that Cebu’s mangoes are among the best-tasting in the world. This year’s AOCNR pays homage to Cebu by including the iconic mango in its logo.